Halloween 2010

Halloween 2010

Friday, November 12, 2010

Stomach update

Hi everyone,

  I never thought I would say this but my stomach issues are back.  I was feeling great dairy free with limited gluten.  I told myself that I would not eat any dairy again because I felt so good.  I have not felt that good in a long time.  I thought that was enough for me to eat good and stay away from the foods that were making feel so bad.  Well I started slowly adding certain things back into my diet.  First in was gluten which didn't effect me at first but I did feel a little bloated.  Then I went out to dinner and could resist a spinach and artichoke appetizer that was loaded with cheese (dairy)!  It was so good but 30 minutes after eating it my stomach was rock hard and extended as if I was 5 months pregnant.  I could barely get out of the restaurant with my pants buttoned.  I was so mad at myself for eating that. 
When I made it home I went straight to bed.  The funny thing is that I would think that I would get a stomach ache but I don't just extremely bloated.
I have not had any dairy since then and I've been fine.  It amazes me how I forget how bad I feel when I eat bad.  Temptation is that strong to me but I always regret it shortly after I eat.  It is the same feel as staying strong when you're trying to loss weight.  I will do good for a week then I ruin it by eating something fattening! 
I back on track and feeling good again:)  I just hope it lasts!

5 comments:

  1. Hi. I am sorry to hear that you went thru such a horrible incident with dairy. My nephew Kohl (my brothers youngest) is lactose intolerant too. But he can have a little string cheese once in a while and sneak a piece of chocolate in sometimes. The dairy will build up inside him after a while, especially if he is sneaking things he is not supposed to have behind our backs, and then he will puke for hours. He was just in the ER a couple days ago. He had to be hooked up on an IV b/c he was so dehydrated. His mom is suppose to take him in sooner when he gets this sick but she waited for 24hours before admitting him. He is good now but I hate to see him like that. My oldest nephew, Kristopher is also lactose intolerant but he has outgrown almost all of it. When he was younger, he would down milk and eat cheese and chocolate all the time even though he knew he would be sick afterwards. He would lay on the floor on his stomach and moan and groan and fart until he felt better. He doesn't do that much anymore though and he can eat pretty much anything.
    Well, I hope you find exactly what is making you so sick and they have so much out there now that is dairy free, maybe you can have some of your favorites still. Hang in there

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand the temptation to eat things you shouldn’t. I have to watch grease and oil but maybe once a year I go all out and get a pizza. I just eat at home on a weekend night that my husband and I are watching a movie or something. Yes I pay for it but I need that one night a year to stay sane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kerri,
    I am so sorry to hear about your neprew. It is hard to have stomach issues for me, I can't imagine my kids having an issue with food. We have friends who's kids also have food allergies, it is so hard for them to eat at school and parties. I think that kids growing up with allergies learn how to eat to avoid problems.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jan,
    I also have a sensitive stomach to greasy foods. It is hard to eat out sometimes because you never know how food is being prepared. I also splurge sometimes but regret it afterwards!

    ReplyDelete