Halloween 2010

Halloween 2010

Thursday, November 18, 2010

A Hospital Trip

On Tuesday around 4:00 I heard screaming from downstairs in my house.  I ran down the stairs to find my oldest daughter who is 10 carrying my three year old daughter up the stairs.  She had blood pouring from her hear.  I scooped her up and brought her in the bathroom.  After cleaning her up I saw a pretty good size cut on her forehead above her eye brow.  She was screaming and my two older kids were screaming.  I calmed everyone one down and called my husband.  I have never had to deal with anything like this before so I didn't know what to do.  Should I put her in the car and go to the pediatrician, hospital, or first stop medical center.  Well my husband made the decision for me; he called EMS from his cell.  Approximately 5 minutes later they were knocking on the door.  After evaluating her they told us she needed to go to the hospital for stitches.  We went in the ambulance just in case she lost too much blood, they told us.  My daughter thought this was great!  She got a new teddy bear:)   The hospital was about 20 minutes away, they took us right in and after waiting in the room for about an hour for the doctor, they ended up stitching her up.  They said she needed eight stitches but would only tolerate four.  It was very traumatic but she did great. 
The only thing she said we were done was "I want to go home" and that is what we did.  She slept great that night.  We have to get her stitches out in 5 days.
Well after all that we ended up asking how it happened.  My oldest daughter was playing horsey with my youngest on her back and she fell of and hit her head on our fireplace.  Wow, don't think they will play that again.

2 comments:

  1. I am proud everything turned out well in the end. I remember how my heart would beat when something like this happened to my girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Professor,
    I don't think I will ever forget how scared we all were that day. I'm so happy it all turned out good:)

    ReplyDelete