Halloween 2010

Halloween 2010

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Writing a paper

This will be the third paper that I've written since I've started at Kaplan.  I feel that I have learned a lot from my first two papers but I still have so far to go until I feel comfortable with the writing process.  Composition 1 helped preparing an outline and with the research process.  I actually enjoy researching the topics that I have chosen to right about.  Once I collect all the information I have a hard time getting all my thoughts on paper.  This is where the outline comes in handy for me.  Having my paper formatted as an outline gives me a solid foundation to start writing.  Having an interest in the topics also helps with pulling it all together.  Meeting the page requirements usually make me very nervous.  It has not been a problem as of yet but I don't want to add information just to meet the requirements so I struggle with it. 
I was able to find so great information in and out of the Kaplan Library.  Finding enough information on my topic was one challenge that I feel I have overcome.  The outline due on the discussion board should point me in the right direction to complete my first draft.
I wish that I could write a paper without all the anxiety about getting a good grade.  Hopefully I will continue to get better at this whole process.
Thanks for all the great feedback on the discussion board, it helps me a lot.

1 comment:

  1. I have no idea why the font is that color..do not know how to fix it. Sorry it's a little hard to read.

    ReplyDelete