Halloween 2010

Halloween 2010

Friday, October 15, 2010

A stomach issue

I've had not had a great two weeks with my health.  Nothing life threatening thank god:)  I have always had stomach issues for most of my adult life but this week has been really bad.  I always feel good in the morning but as the day goes on I progressively get worse.  I have always know that milk does not agree with me but was tested for lactose intolerance amongst other tests which were all negative.  My symptoms are pains in my stomach after I eat and by the end of the night I can hardly stand up straight. 
I spoke to a friend that has had similar issues.  She had recommended a nutritionist that specializes in food allergies.  I called an made an appointment for next week.  Next week seems like forever so I thought I better try some different options to see if I can fix myself while I'm waiting to see the nutritionist. 
Tuesday was the first day, I took out anything I thought could be causing me these issues.  I removed dairy, gluten, and soda(even though it was diet).  Well this is day three and I feel great.  I have not had any issues at all. 
So what does this mean...I am clearly sensitive to one of these three things, but which one????  Everyone is telling me to try to introduce one thing at a time back in but I'm feeling too good to do that right now.  Dairy seems to be the most obvious because I can't drink milk. 
It amazes me that your body not agreeing with a particular food can cause so much discomfort.
Hopefully, I'll continue to feel this good and figure out what food is causing me so much pain!

No comments:

Post a Comment